Special Day of Prayer, Sabbath, Dec. 5, 2015
The Seventh-day Adventist Church, especially those of us in the Pacific Union (Pacific Southwest territory of the United States), are mourning with the world following the violence in San Bernardino on Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2015. Members and churches across the country and around the world are invited to join us for a special day of prayer on Sabbath, Dec. 5, to ask for God's comfort and healing on our land. This is not a day of platitudes, but of real, raw communication with the Savior.
We know that awful, unfathomable things will continue to happen in this world with increasing frequency as time draws to a close. But God is faithful, and even in the midst of tragedy, He provides hope and healing. Please pray for all those who were affected in the San Bernardino shooting, as well as those touched by all the senseless acts of violence both in our country and around the world.
Below are some resources for the Special Day of Prayer, including a bulletin insert, responsive reading, etc.
• Bulletin Insert (English) (Spanish)
• Worship Resources (English) (Spanish)
• Letter from Ricardo Graham, president of the Pacific Union (English) (Spanish)
• Letter from Sandra Roberts, president of the Southeastern California Conference (English) (Spanish)
• Letter from Daniel R. Jackson, president of the North American Division (English) (Spanish)